Friday May 6, 5:30 – 7:30 pm
Did you know that this year the Fairmeadow community hosts the highest number of non-native English speaking students (at > 25%) of any elementary school in the district, and that collectively almost 30 different languages are spoken at home?
Now that the scene is set, prepare to join your fellow Fairmeadow families for a celebration of cultural diversity – at our upcoming International Night: ”Around the World at Fairmeadow”. On this night we come together to share our wonderfully different cultural backgrounds and traditions through music, food and fun activities. Bring the whole family and join us for a night to remember, featuring:
- an international potluck dinner
- country based tables sampling traditional foods and activities
- special kids’ games and activities
- an international dress and talent show
- Bring a dish for people to sample, or a salad to share
- Set up or clean up
- Host a table for your country of origin
- Come in native attire & join the fashion parade
- Perform a song, dance or other cultural tradition
This annual community event has become an institution, and is not to be missed.
This event is made possible thanks to the PTA and the efforts of so many volunteers. Don’t miss it; we look forward to seeing you there!
For questions please email Tam Truman.