Would you like to get more involved with the school community? Do you have great organizational and communication skills you’d like to put to use? The PTA needs you!
We are in search of enthusiastic parents to fill the following positions:
PTA Coordinator Positions (all positions can be shared)
- Parent Education Chair – Identify topics of interest to Fairmeadow Parents and arrange for parent education events. Work with other Palo Alto PTAs to co-sponsor events.
- Green Team Coordinator – helps Fairmeadow be green and reduce paper usage, responsible for coordinating Earth Week, and possible Fairmeadow Garden
- Special Education Liaison – helps organize an Inclusive Schools Week, helps connect parents with resources and one another with regard to Special Education issues
- Noon Activities Coordinator – coordinates schedule and volunteers for Noon Activities, including but not restricted to Noon Art, Noon Lego Club, Knitting Club
- Theater Production Coordinator – helps coordinate an after school theater production, be the liaison between Fairmeadow parents and the theater company
- PTA Membership – helps with membership drive, mainly in Fall.
School Hour Volunteer Opportunities (On-going or repeating events)
- Marquee – helps with putting monthly events on the marquee in front of the school once a month.
- Noon Art – organizes art projects for students one day each week
- Noon Lego Club – organizes and supervises lego building one day each week
- Noon Crafts – organizes knitting, sewing or other crafts periodically during the year
- Green team – helps Fairmeadow be green, help the PTA reduce the amount of paper used
- Lost and Found – maintains the lost and found rack and sends unclaimed items to charity
- Parent Coffees – one morning after drop off in August, September and May
- Picture Day – one day in September
- Spring Art Fair -February
- Children’s Theater 3rd – 5th Grade – Rehearsals tentatively in February, performances in March
- Staff Appreciation Week – coordinate students and families during Staff Appreciation Week in late spring, including organizing latte cart and catered lunch.
- Book Fair – sets-up, sells books and helps break down book fair, once in Fall, and once in Spring.
Non – School Hours Volunteer Opportunities (One-time events)
- Fall Walk-a-thon
- Family Dinner Evening – organize a Fairmeadow dinner gathering, sometime in Fall.
- Online Auction – February
- Auction Night
- Family Math Night – February
- Ice Skating Parties – two Wednesdays in January
- Cinco de Mayo Celebration – May
- International Evening – late April
- May Fete Parade – helps Fairmeadow build and enter a float in the Palo Alto May Fete parade